[Happiness Project] Clutter Clearing


Inspired (a little) by the Happiness Project, which I'm currently reading, and MOSTLY because of my unnerving urge to clear away all the MESS that's been just mindlessly piling and piling and piling up, ever since I LAST cleared it all away, which was when ... we got this new shelf just to "organize" all this stuff into.





Shelves, I realize ... can be the very heart of all evil, it tricks us into thinking that we CAN get all our stuff packed away nicely, and encourages us to obtain even MORE stuff to fill up all the new empty space that we've created with these very shelves. And the next thing we know, they've just accummulated into a whole mountain of things that we don't even know what do with. 

I tempt to keep boxes, and folders, and pretty paper bags that I fantasize of filling up. It turned out, that the very thing I had to throw away was this wedding gift box, that had all these even tinier boxes within, which I thought I'd organize all my random bits and pieces into. ah ... very bad idea.

I realized, that I loved to collect these random name cards and pamphlets that can be taken for free all around the city. Fliers for some event I never went to, cards for a whole lot of shops that I planned to visit but never went to. And so away all that went. Once an interest, but I've decided that I shouldn't grab any of that kind of stuff anymore, just to so that they wouldn't go to waste anyways.

So. It took Determination. Will. And the Courage to let go! Out went all the magazines I saved but never read, clippings I once found attractive but now I'd dig them up and think "ah ... 5 years now, I STILL do not know what do do with you!" For the first time ever too, I threw away a Bible ... I just had TOO MANY of these Bibles that are handed out freely around and I'd always feel guilty when thinking about throwing them out. I know I should have probably kept them for donation or something ... but then they'll just disappear down under all the new crowd of clutter and be left for my own future debate of whether to keep or to throw, donate. Sorry. :P



I'm feeling so thrilled now with all these new EMPTY spaces I've got. SPACE, I think,  shouldn't even be allowed to be called 'space' if it's filled up with stuff! And MAN do I have so much stuff!!! Most people probably don't know this about me, that I don't actually have my own room. I sleep with my brother in his room, and have all my possessions displayed openly in the living room, on two shelves that were exclusively purhcased and assembled  (personally) for me. I sit at a desk right next to the main entrance. I have my clothes scattered all over the house, in drawers here and there, hung in closets, also here and there. Most of my time spent at home is on the couch. 

I'm so tempted now to delete all the photos and random files on my phone and laptop that's taking up so much storage space too!!! But ... not yet. I guess. They'll require more considering! :P So yeah ... I guess this very blog post just indicates how excited I'm feeling about this cluster clearing, considering the fact that I haven't written anything for a long long long time. It's very likely that all this unwanted stuff is what's been swarming me down, my time and my will to actually get up and get things done! It may still seem like a whole lot of stuff, but I really do wish I'd taken a before and after shot of all this! :D I can't believe this is ALL that I'm throwing out! JUST these!!



沒有留言:

張貼留言