[Bike Around Taiwan] One Year Later ...


It's been an ENTIRE WHOLE YEAR??! 365 DAYS gone past! Actually MORE than that! 365 plus 2 I think. A YEAR!!! Since we completed this trip of biking around Taiwan. Everything seems so distant yet so clear in my mind. I can still clearly re-experience every step of the pedal. Every "omg, another uphill?" Every field and coast we were so drawn to by their beauty. Every cheer and encouragement we earned from passer-bys. 


And now, one. year later, I've actually earned a whole year of work experience already! Mason and I have traveled to even more equally memorable places together, many of which I dreamed of going as we were passing them throughout our round the island trip! Most of these places, not surprisingly, along the East Coast. Because it's just SO BEAUTIFUL there!!! I thought the East Coast, (referring the the entire stretch from Yilan, Hualien to Taitung. not the mention the off-island islands :P) would be my FAVORITE area throughout Taiwan, until ... I went on an actual mountain climbing trip for the first time. Mountains in Taiwan, are too IN a major competition for my favorite kind of place in this country!



Other than these travels, life this year has been, well, a struggle. between me and myself. Because I constantly think. Every single day. Of really putting this whole Bike Around Taiwan trip into words. Instead of just have these memories play over and over in my mind. And I never got it done! Because yesterday I said tomorrow. And today and still say tomorrow. And then I realized, why is it that I so wanted this done? Was I afraid that what's left are going to be more of impressions than memories? And they'll just slowly fade away with time? Probably. But what I can recall from without images or written words, is always the best part of any travel! 

Also, the best part of any travel, is knowing that you've encouraged even more people to take on their own challenge and create their own memory! 

So go on! grab your bike (or rent one!) And GO! Go immerse yourself in the beauty of Taiwan. Hear nothing but your own heartbeat while keeping in mind that all you know now is what this is you're fighting for. And then, when you come back, let me know how it went for you! :D


沒有留言:

張貼留言